Blink Dining Chair
With its enveloping upholstered contours and generous seat, there's a kind of updated grandeur in the dining chair from Stellar Works' Blink collection. Yet the mix of its fabric covering, powder-coated steel frame and brass detailing is never heavy-handed in the hands of designers George Yabu and Glenn Pushelberg. Light in scale and clean in profile, Blink readily lends itself to both residential and commercial interiors.
- 27" h x 21.25" w x 20.25" d (68.8x54.3x51.75cm)
- Seat height: 19" (48.1cm)
Fabric or leather upholstery, steel
- Fabric Group A: Divina Melange, Harald, Steelcut Trio
- Fabric Group B: Field, Main Line Flax, Melange Nap, Messenger, Remix
- Fabric Group C: Cotton, Era, Linen, Manhattan, Revive 1, Ruby, Medley, Relate
- Leather Group A: New Castle
- Leather Group B: Crystal, Milano
- Leather Group C: Bellagio
- COM and COL available on request
Craftsmanship is at the heart of Stellar Works since a couple of design enthusiasts from France and Japan launched the line in 2013. Operations benefit from Japanese management, while the craftsmanship draws on premium European furniture practices and technical proficiency that comes with the brand’s own state-of-the-art factory in Shanghai, China.
Because Stellar Works controls end to end, it takes great pride in abiding to Japan’s Four-Star standards—the most stringent in the industry worldwide—offering transparency regarding the sourcing of every material, be it leather, metal or fabric, along with ensuring that all woods come from FSC-certified forests.
The line’s urbane sense of materials, colorways and forms is a reflection of a global roster that includes New York designer-architect David Rockwell, Toronto’s Yabu Pushelberg, Copenhagen’s Space Copenhagen and Monaco-based Humbert & Poyet—along with an exacting Asian lens by appointing Chinese duo Lyndon Neri and Rossana Hu—widely known as Neri&Hu—as creative directors for the brand.